top of page

How is your relationship with food?

Updated: Nov 26, 2019

When we think of relationships we usually think about the people in our lives. Our relationship with food doesn't even come to mind.

Let's talk about your food. Do you feel out of control in your eating? Are you eating because you're really hungry... or are you bored, upset, tired, and the time on the clock says it's time to eat?

Have you ever had a day where you found yourself making the right food choices and then you don't. So, you think "I've ruined it". Then you want to give up on eating right. So, you do. And, for two weeks, all because you told yourself you ruined your eating because you ate that pie you eat lots of pie and junk food. Do you think this is an unhealthy eating pattern?

Instead of judging a particular food as bad and shaming yourself, instead you can choose to allow yourself to have a treat 10% or 20% of the time. You can even look forward to it, plan it on your calendar, make it special. Enjoy every bite. The rest of the week 80%-90% of the time choose nourishing nutrient rich foods.

Your relationship with food doesn't have to be all or nothing.

If you do slip up on the plan you are trying to follow, instead of judgement, stop and ask yourself, "I wonder what led me to that pie?" When you become aware of the reasons you are eating, that's the first step toward changing unhealthy habits and breaking unconscious patterns you may have with food.

Here are some signs of an unhealthy relationship with food:

1. Thinking about food all day.

2. Feeling guilty about certain foods.

3. Stressing about how many calories a particular food has in it.

4. Thinking about how much exercise you will have to do in order to burn off X amount of calories from that pie you ate.

5. Feeling controlled by food, instead of choosing healthy foods when you are truly hungry.

6. Feeling like you are unable to stop snacking.

7. Feeling like you are unable to control your cravings and stop them.

8. Lying about what you eat to yourself, spouse, of friends

9. Starving yourself or doing radical thinks to lose some weight.

10. Bingeing regularly.

If you recognize that you have an unhealthy relationship with food, it's time to change that. I am available to talk with you. Just like a toxic relationship with a person, a toxic relationship with food impacts your health in a negative way.

If you'd like to up level your nutrition accept a free 20 minute consultation call. HERE

Happy Health!


Integrative Nutrition Health Coach

Inside Out Wellness with Julie


The information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or be medical advice.

©Copyright 2018 | Inside Out Wellness with Julie | All Rights Reserved.

24 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page